Ted Kennedy, please shut up.
I like the old fart and everything, but he just can't stop complaining. This partisan squabbling is why our government never seems to accomplish anything...
The Bush administration just released a comprehensive "we're all gonna die 'cause of the bird flu" preparedness plan, having allocated 7.1 billion dollars to fund the probe. I think, whether it's good enough or not, at least we're thinking about it. Too bad we didn't think about things like Hurrican Katrina, but too late for that now.
In any event, Kennedy's response was that "Other nations have been implementing their plans for years, but we're reading ours for the first time now. These needless delays have put Americans at risk."
Dude. "needless delays"? I think we've had other things on our plate in the past few years. True, we brought a few of them on ourselves, but Christ, we're starting to think about it now. I'm not really sure the bird flu is going to be as bad as some people seem to be saying, but better to err on the side of caution and all that.
So quit your complaining, Mr. Complainsville.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home