Angry Amelia

"Let us resolve to be patriots always, nationalists never" --William Sloane Coffin, Jr. 2003

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Blockbuster is lame. As is Netflix.

This morning I opened my homepage to see just another Netflix ad wanting to send me some DVDs, but no, wait, that doesn't say Netflix, that says BLOCKBUSTER. I'm not entirely in love with Netflix right now anyway, thanks to their lame false-advertising/"throttling," which they were sued for, and to their contention that they own the rights to by-mail no late fee DVD rentals, but at least they don't put out Blue and Gold ads attempting to grab more market share.

I do have to say though, that my always-rooting-for-the-underdog-Netflix has ceased, because, as the two links above show, they are now the evil corporation we always knew they'd grow up to be. And I patronize them anyway, just as I do Starbucks, because I am the evil American we always knew I'd grow up to be. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home