Angry Amelia

"Let us resolve to be patriots always, nationalists never" --William Sloane Coffin, Jr. 2003

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Karl Rove is a big fat idiot, and other observations


While I recognize that under normal circumstances, and with any other White House, Karl Rove would have been fired long long ago, I don't think I get exactly what the reason is for him "surrendering" some of his current control over the free world.

I know Georgie promised to fire the guy who leaked Valerie Plame's name, and it turned out to be Rove, and I know that Bush's big picture numbers have generally been hanging around in the toilet for months, despite the best efforts of his big picture guy, and that, according to Howard Dean, Rove's had a hand in "nearly every scandal that has consumed the Bush White House." But
I mean, given the general non-giving a shit of Bush about, well anything anyone has to say about him or his policy, and given his complete and utter dependence on Rove, why would and how could they cut back on his duties?

They claim that Rove is stretched too thin and needs a break or whatever. No fucking shit. I mean, it must be tiring to be the puppet master for the leader of the free world and lie cheat and steal for yourself and others in your party all of the time. I guess he and Cheney are sort of a tag team though, so it can't be entirely draining.

In any event the "shake-up" at the White House isn't going to change anything about what the administration actually does, so I don't know why they're bothering, other than to convince the stupid people of America that things are changing... Apparently if you change the face of the press secretary and demote the "architect" it means you've completely changed the workings of the government.

Ah, stupid people, why must you make up 50.5% of the voting population?

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amelia,
Looks like we're going to have, uh, fun via our blogs. I like the layout, the general brightness.
Why so angry?

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Amelia said...

It's not so much that I'm "so angry" as it is that there's a lot more fun in the angry/hilarious posting than the "dear god, the world is going to shit" posting. Plus Angry Amelia sounds way better than Depressed Amelia. Though I suppose Emo Amelia does sound pretty cool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home