An Inconvenient Truth... and Bob Dylan.
I finally saw the damned thing. It was good. Definitely worth watching, worth the accolades, blahblahblah. But seriously, the science he's talking about has been around for SO FUCKING LONG why why why are we Americans so fucking stupid? I wish I owned a home so that I could install solar panels and a water free toilet, etc. but I don't so what the fuck am I supposed to do about this stuff? I have to say the most disturbing part of the whole thing was the animation of the polar bear running out of ice to land on and drowning... god just thinkoing about it makes me want to cry...
On a positive note, I recently realized that I am once again actually able to listen to Bob Dylan without sobbing without notice, and I am really really enjoying him all over again (it has been quite awhile and I kind of missed him). I went out and bought an actual copy of Times (64), cause before I just had a burned copy, and I've been listening to it this evening. I think it may be my favorite... I just love 'when the ship comes in' and nothing can make me cry like 'boots of spanish leather' can. This whole 'band' thing we're doing may have to end up incorporating 'with god on our side,' or I may just need to learn to do it myself, cause fuck that's an awesome fucking song. If I can gets the chords in a higher key I'm gonna tear that shit up.

1 Comments:
keep writin, gal..
Post a Comment
<< Home